Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Sailing Interruption - Traveling to China


I warned you that there would be interruptions to our life of sailing. Yes, life stepped in and sent Craig traveling to Shanghai, China. That's where some of the Hewlett Packard laptops are made, well, in that area. Craig gets to go there every time they launch a new version of the laptop that he supports.
Me, being the administrative assistant extraordinaire, and wife extraordinaire, will be meeting him there soon, to experience cultures in other lands. Now remember, this country bumpkin turned Grandma Geek, is still a native of Oregon and the west coast and basically has never been anywhere you couldn't drive to if you wanted. Getting a passport and visa was an experience in itself. It was actually weird because as an admin I do this for my managers, not for myself! So soon I will be traveling all by myself from PDX to Tokyo and from there to Shanghai. In case you can't tell I'm a little nervous about this. I just know my plane is going to crash and I'll be lost on an island with scary monsters and polar bears! (We just finished watching the whole first season of LOST, can you tell?) So there won't be any sailing stories for about a month, unless we get to sail in Shanghai. I will however be sharing with you all about what a Grandma Geek does in China. Until then, maybe I share some of our past sailing travels. We do have some great ones! Until later....Jannie

No comments: